Well Dark Matter and Dark Energy is a very confusing Question on earth at the moment and from the beginning.So Today we will try to understand about dark matter and energy. Dark matter and Dark energy explains simply there’s something extraordinary that we have discovered about our universe. The ordinary matter and energy that we experience in everyday life makes up less than 5% of what is out there Dark Matter makes up about 27% of the known universe and dark energy makes up the other 68%. we know very little about dark matter and dark energy hence the word dot being used to describe both.
- Nature Dark matter is believed to be a kind of substance that neither emits nor reflects electromagnetic radiation, making it invisible and only detectable through its gravitational effects.
- Effects The motion of visible matter (stars, galaxies, gas clouds) is influenced by dark matter due to their gravity. It is suspected to be responsible for the phenomena dubbed gravitational lensing where light from far away galaxies gets bent due to massive intervening bodies.
- Distribution Dark matter is presumed to exist everywhere in the universe, forming halos around individual galaxies as well as clusters of galaxies.
- Composition Although the exact composition remains unknown, dark matter might consist of non-baryonic particles such as WIMPs (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles) or axions i.e. other than protons and neutrons.
- Nature Dark energy is an enigmatic form of energy that fills all space and causes the expansion of the universe at an accelerating rate.
- Effect Different from dark matter which attracts matter gravitationally, dark energy acts as a repulsive force and leads to an accelerated expansion of the universe over time. This acceleration counteracts the gravitational pull between galaxies and results in an overall expansion of the universe.
- Distribution It appears that dark energy is evenly spaced throughout space and affects the large-scale structure of the cosmos.
- Origin What exactly is dark energy and where does it come from are not yet known. One hypothesis is that this could be vacuum energy or a cosmological constant associated with empty space itself.
What is Dark Matter ?
I’m going to present a rundown of what we do know so far dark matter. Dark matter is a form of matter that does not interact with light and so it is invisible to us because calculations have shown that without its gravitational pull galaxies and other large structures in the universe would not have been able to form dark matter is also required to explain the motion of galaxies. It explains why stars and gas clouds on the outskirts of a galaxy rotate as fast as they do.
Einstein described a space-time continuum as the fabric of the cosmos space-time incorporates the three
dimensions of space up and down,left and right and back. The fourth dimension of time Einstein thought of space-time as malleable mass and energy can warp space-time and this gives rise to the phenomena of gravity. Dark matter does have mass and therefore does produce gravity. Where there are large clumps of it dark matter distorts the light coming from galaxies behind it. This distortion effect is called gravitational lensing. We have been on the hunt for dark matter for decades and the general consensus among cosmologists.
What is Dark Energy ?
It may be made up of an exotic subatomic particle that we have yet to detect dark energy in 1929 astronomer Edwin Hubble discovered the expanding universe the further away an object is from the earth the redder it appears as the wavelengths of its light coming toward us. It is stretched the electromagnetic spectrum is the entire range of light that exists from radio waves to gamma rays visible light is electromagnetic radiation within the portion of the Electra spectrum that can be perceived by the human eye. Longer wavelengths correspond to a shift toward the red end of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Hubble noticed that the further away a galaxy was the more redshifted, it became and after a detailed analysis of different red shifts. He concluded that galaxies were flying away from each other and the universe was growing in size up until the late 90s. He signed his thought that this expansion of the universe would either slow down or even contract owing to the effects of gravity from matter. However in 1998 observational evidence confirmed that the expansion of the universe was actually accelerating, what was causing this acceleration was dubbed dark energy and it’s also nothing, is known about this dark energy. But it can be thought of as a property of space. A space is expanding and more space is appearing to fill up the extra space.
The dark energy intrinsic to space is pushing galaxies further apart and that concludes my inquiry on dark matter and dark energy. This is obviously a very high-level overview of both topics and this article is meant to be used as a springboard for further study as always I hope you enjoyed this article.
pair of identical but connected concepts in cosmology that are highly important for the shaping and dynamics of the universe. This is followed by a short explanation on what differentiates them.
In conclusion, though both provide insights into cosmic dynamics, there exist differences between dark matter and dark energy in terms of their properties, impacts and roles in cosmology. Gravitational effects from Dark Matter help keep galaxies together and induce motion while on the other hand matters about expansion through gravitational pull requires Dark Energy.